I thought I would take a picture of this for the prompt today. It is the Girl Guiding promise badge, which I received aged 7 when I made my promise to be a Brownie. The newer badges that the girls get now don't need polishing....I have to admit though I dont know the last time it got a polish. The guider at the time of me being a Brownie has sadly died, I knew her most of my life as after Brownies, I went to Guides and then went back to the Brownie unit to 'help'. I then became a Guider at the same Brownie unit and went on to open a new Rainbow unit. For the time being I have stopped being a Guider while the family are young. Evie is following the tradition and it currently a Rainbow and really enjoys it.
So this is my past, thank you for looking, reading and commenting....it really is lovely to receive your comments....thank you
5 comments:
I went through guiding aswell. My Brown Owl followed us up to Guides and I got my Queens Guide Award. Have many happy memories from that experience- so thank you for your lovely photo today!
I was never allowed to be a girl guiding as my mum was always scared something bad would happen to me, but I dreamt so often I would be one. That is so sweet !
I went to guides and I remember polishing my badge.
That brings back memories :)
I have a Rainbow and Brownie...eldest didn't do Guides as whe has too many dance classes in a week...I did Brownies and Guides tho!!
Post a Comment