Thursday, August 30, 2012

365- Day 243

thriving

Oh dear, looks like we have all decided on plants today.

SAM_4503


Richard and Daniel decided (note, I am not involved here!) to plant a conker in our garden a few years ago......you can see where I am going with this, it has grown, quite a bit....this is the top part which seems to have grown overnight....well ok this summer. I have now said enough is enough, soon as it goes dorment or whatever these trees do it will be dug up and given a more suitable home. It is not staying for its roots to go under the house!!

Last year at the allotment we planted some cornflower seeds, this year even though a rotovator had gone over all the soil a little green cornflower stem came up. We didnt want them at the allotment this year so we dug it up and planted it in the front garden, it didnt look very well for a while but here is is today, from one little seed last year it certainly looks like it thriving...wonder if it will come back again next year.
SAM_4499

We had the same weather today as yesterday, in fact it was a lot colder, the heating actually came on before we got up and I heard it again during the morning. I made a soup for dinner (who would have thought we were still in August) but this afternoon and evening the sun is out again, still cold though! We have my other nephew here tonight, he is a year older then Daniel so lots of xbox will be involved.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Your cornflowers are very beautiful. Their blue is gorgeous.

Lynne said...

I love cornflowers but have never managed to grow them same as Love in the Mist another blue flower!!
Hope the tree gets uprooted soon!!!

Borqna said...

It is very nice to read your blog. I like the way that you talk to plants. I like your photos. All this brings peace.
I wish you many sunny days in September. We call this - Gypsy Summer.