Friday, August 24, 2012

365- Day 237

footwear

We had a day at home today, it was decided yesterday that we wouldnt go anywhere. Daniel and Evie came downstairs in the morning to watch tele/play on the ds and Harry let us have a lie in until 8, it was bliss :) It was a dull raining morning so I think that was why Harry slept in and it was good that we hadnt planned to go out with the weather.
We did some baking, Daniel wanted to have a go at doughnuts- they were ok but not brilliant, Richard made some bread, a flan, some gingerbread loaves and buns. Evie and I decorated the buns in the afternoon then we went to the library for the summer reading challenge.

I dont do footwear much either, just a few pairs of the basics. We got Daniel and Evie their school shoes at the beginning of the week.
SAM_4411

SAM_4409

SAM_4410

She fell in love with these, they have flashing red lights at the heel....they are patent though, I dont think they will look this nice for very long. I have seen on the internet to use black nail polish on any scruffs....so that will be interesting.
Kathijo after my comment on your blog this morning you will think I was fibbing about Evies outfit- it does look quite normal in the picture here....but this morning she had babylegs on- knitting leggings with her stripey socks and skirt, the baby legs were stripey too but a different colour :)

6 comments:

viv said...

I can understand Evie loving those shoes. Interesting about the nail varnish.

KathiJo said...

I like patent shoes but they always make me think they should be for a wedding or something as they were always 'special occasion shoes when I was a kid... know what you mean about mixing patterns.. x

Unknown said...

She looks lovely! My two usually had patent shoes aswell.

Janice said...

Oh I would have loved shoes like that at her age. I always had sensible brown lace ups!

Anne said...

I love the shoes and I love the socks !

Unknown said...

Yes, I would love a pair, however daft I would look at 38! xx